Endodontics is a branch of dentistry that specializes in the treatment of broken or damaged teeth. Specifically, endodontics focuses on connective tissues within the roots and the pulp. The pulp contains nerve endings and blood vessels within a tooth that if damaged, can often lead to tooth extractions. However, endodontists can save damaged teeth with endodontic treatments such as root canal therapies. Listed below are important facts regarding endodontics:
– Endodontists are capable of performing surgeries and other oral health care treatments to save broken or damaged teeth.
– Teeth saved with root canal treatments can be more functional for chewing food and will allow your smile to keep its natural look. In addition, teeth saved with root canals avoid the hazards and dangers that come with missing teeth should a tooth need to be extracted.
– Endodontic treatments such as root canal therapies are responsible for saving millions of teeth in the United States every year.
– Endodontists receive an additional two years of highly complex training beyond traditional dental school.
– It is possible for a tooth that has received a root canal treatment to continue to thrive for the rest of its life.
If you would like to discuss an endodontics treatment such as a root canal therapy with Dr. Neil Dhillon and the rest of our team here at Complete Care Dental, please schedule an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Woodlyn, Pennsylvania. Our number is 610.833.1919. We look forward to hearing from you!