Were you aware that chewing gum can potentially have benefits for your smile? Even if you only use chewing gum to freshen breath, it can be helpful in other ways, including washing away harmful bacteria. However, one of the best treatments that chewing gum can provide is its ability to produce saliva. Consider the following benefits that chewing gum can provide:
– Are you aware that sugarless gum increases saliva flow?
– Did you know that chewing sugarless gum for 20 minutes after meals can help prevent cavities?
– Are you aware the sugarless gum is highly effective at preventing and minimizing harmful acids caused by heartburn?
– Sugarless chewing gum is especially effective for use after eating when your teeth are too sensitive for toothpaste.
– Chewing gum is highly effective for cleaning your teeth without being overly abrasive.
– Did you know that sugar-free gum is more effective than traditional gum for your oral health because tradition gum contains enamel-eating sugars?
– Did you know that although sugarless gum is helpful for your smile, it should never be used as a substitute for brushing and flossing?
If you would like a smile makeover treatment from Complete Care Dental at our dentist office in Woodlyn, Pennsylvania, please connect with us at 610.833.1919. Our caring dentists, Dr. Neil Dhillon and Dr. Grace Woo, will ensure you get the desirable smile you want.