How you brush your teeth is just as important as how often you brush. Even if you are brushing twice daily, there could still be places in your mouth not getting any attention because your technique leaves those areas untouched. Here are a few ideas to consider when brushing:
– Brush your tongue to remove bacteria and to keep your breath fresh.
– Make sure to brush the outer, inner, and chewing surfaces of each tooth.
– Visit your dentist every six months for an oral exam and professional cleaning.
– Gently move the brush in small strokes.
– Clean your teeth daily with floss. Tooth decay can still occur in areas that a toothbrush cannot reach.
– Follow the proper steps to caring for your toothbrush.
– Brush your teeth at a 45-degree angle to the gums.
– Brush for 2 minutes, at least twice daily.
– Eat a well-balanced diet consisting of all five food groups, and limit between-meal snacks.
– Turn the brush vertically, to clean the front teeth.
For more helpful hints, or to book an appointment, please call us at 610.833.1919 to speak with a member of our team. You can also visit our office in Woodlyn, Pennsylvania. Have a fantastic day!